Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Back at it!


 I've been on vacation the majority of last week, but I am back and couponing is in full swing again. I am becoming more efficient with coupon clipping and sorting. I even bought a new coupon binder, that feels a little more like luggage but it is so much more effective for me to organize and keep all of my coupons sorted, especially if I need to find a coupon on the fly if I see a sale.

My first day back from vacation, I stocked up on Pantene at Rite-Aid. Each bottle retailed for $5.29-$5.69 at the Rite-Aid on Aurora in Seattle. They were advertised for 3/$10, or $3.33 each when you buy 3. They had a secondary deal for UP rewards where if you spend $30 on Pantene (and other qualifying items), you get a $10 UP reward. I also used coupons that came out in the SmartSource Sunday paper for $4/2. After coupons, store discounts, and UP rewards, they came out to $0.44 each. It was a great deal.

Target has a decent deal on Hamburger helper, this would literally last us a year, since we don't eat it so often but it was $1.29 at my local Factoria Target. If you buy 10 of a qualifying item, you get a $5 TGC (Target Gift Card). Target cartwheel also had a 10% off Hamburger Helper mobile scan code, and I had a coupon for $0.75/5 boxes, which I used 2 of. I ended up paying less than $0.50 a box, which isn't the BEST deal ever, but it stocks up the pantry, and has a long shelf life. (Note: when buying larger quantities of items that you know you are going to stockpile, it may be a good idea to check the expiration dates on the boxes, 3 of the boxes I got at Target had an expiration date of 10/2014, and the remaining 7 had expiration dates of 10/2015.)

The bounce was almost free at Target too, so I picked up some of those! They are $2.19 at my local Target, I have a great coupon for $5/3 Tide, Bounce, or Gain products (no size limits), and so I got the smallest boxes I could, and Target mobile has a coupon for $1.00 off any fabric softener, making it $0.57 for all 3 boxes. I am going back today for more. I have several of those coupons, and for $.20 a piece, its a great deal. I do a LOT of laundry with a 3 year old.

Today, I have a few things on my list to get, so I am going to plan my days adventure. Happy clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment