Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Not all Target's are created equal

Okay, I spent like $1.64 on some randomness and didn't ever really "extreme coupon" or hunt out good deals. I was at Target at the Renton Landing waiting to meet someone and had some time to kill, so I was looking at the clearance section and found a few Neutrogena eye make-up removers on clearance. One of them had a peelie (a manufacturer coupon on the outside packaging). I'm not sure of proper etiquette, but I peeled that sucker off and it was good for $2.00 off a purchase on Neutrogena, but wasn't valid on clearance items. So, I went to the Neutrogena section and found this gem of a facial cleansing bar for $1.97 regular price ($0.03 MM). MM=Money Maker. There was no limit to how many coupons you could use in one transaction. I was thinking JACKPOT! So, I strolled back to the clearance section to see if I could find more specially marked make-up remover, but none was to be found. I paid for my purchase and decided to try the Target in Factoria by my house.

Not only did they not have ANY of the Neutrogena with the peelies, but they also sold the beauty bars for $0.60 more than the Renton store. I may check the Target by my work (Northgate, Seattle) for the peelies. FREE always feels better when I wash my face.

At the Factoria Target, however, I did find some amazing clearance deals in the beauty/health section that were not at the Renton location.
Meet Alex: Future Extreme Couponer

1. Motrin PM 20 count bottles, reg $4.49, clearance $2.38. They had TONS!!! I have several $3/2 coupons ($3 off the purchase of 2). Making each bottle $0.88 each! Score!!

2. Secret Outlast Paris Scent deodorant, reg $3.99, clearance $1.97. I had one $1 off coupon, making it $0.97, and it came with a bonus body mist.

The moral of today's story is that not all stores are created equal. Keep your coupons with you at all times, and keep your eyes open for possible deals. While I feel it is best to create a plan of attack before you hit the store, sometime you just find clearance and other special sale items that are just too good to pass up.

And finally, the best part of my purchase was the safety scissor 2-pack that was on clearance for $0.68. Now Alex, my amazing 3 year old, can help me clip coupons, which we did as soon as we got home and checked the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment