Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cutting back on couponing this past week

I recently found out that I will be moving in a few weeks, so I have had to cut back on my spending and stockpiling until after the move. The less I have to move, and the more money that I have in my pocket for the move the better at this point. I have picked up a few items this week worth mentioning. I've stocked up on 4ct. Advil PM's from Walgreens, that were free after $1 manufacturer coupon. I had several I got last weekend, and got more coupons for co-workers, so I went back and got some more. Rite-Aid also had a fantastic deal on Jergen's body lotion, which was $0.22 each after coupons and URs. I took full advantage and got 8 of those (since the Up Rewards had a limit of 4).

Since this afternoon was wet and dreary, I decided to make my way to Target in Factoria to see what kind of goodies I could come up with, since I just printed off a bunch of new Target store coupons from online.
The Suave was a good deal. $2.77 each for the hair shampoo and dry shampoo. I had a coupon for $2 off the styler, $1.50 off the shampoo, and a Buy 2 get a free body wash, so they came out to less than $0.25 each. The Beggin Strips were $2.99, and I had a 5% cartwheel, $1 off any Purina treat (a peelie from another package I had), and target had a $0.75 off coupon, making it just over a dollar. Then the beneful treats were completely out of stock, so I asked them to give me a raincheck for 4, which they did, since they are on sale for $3 each, which end today. But I was able to find 2 thrown about in another part of the store and I took them because I had a BOGOF coupon, as well as a $1/2 Target Q. I should have paid $2 for both, but the register automatically took off $4.29 from the BOGOF coupon (which was the limit that the coupon allowed) and the lady at the register was like, "oh well", so I essentially made money on them. Once they come back into stock later this week, I will buy 4 more. I just need to print 2 more of those Target coupons.

The Loreal haircolor I got at Rite Aid in Factoria. I was going to color my hair black, but decided to just wait it out and recolor the highlights. I will probably be returning this tomorrow. I used $6 in UR, a $2 MF Q, a $1 in-ad Q and paid $1.76 out of pocket, so I am not sure how my refund will be returned to me, or if I will just lose my Up Rewards. I haven't had to return any items I've purchased yet, so it will be interesting to see how that goes tomorrow.

Until next time, happy clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment