Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why I have chosen to coupon

I am a 30 year old mother of 1 who lives in Bellevue, WA (a few miles east of Seattle, WA). I have never been a couponer before, although I feel like I have been very frugal with my money the last few years. I must say that I have my doubts about couponing and whether or not the savings outweigh the time and effort that it takes to coupon. I enjoy spending time with my son, and I work full-time as well, so by the time I fight traffic to get home to spend time with him, its usually filled with dinner plans, some play time, and our bedtime routine. However, although he and I don't spend too much money on groceries each month, we do spend quite a bit on household goods (paper towels, toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo, and so forth).

While watching Netflix one evening, my boyfriend and I began watching "Extreme Couponing." We both got hooked on seeing so many people saving insane amounts on their purchases. My boyfriend suggested that I try it. I was kinda hesitant. I have NEVER used coupons like that before. I used the occasional Kohl's or DSW $10 off your purchase coupons, but never clipped a coupon and hunted for bargains at aims of getting 90-100% off my total purchase. And realistically, even now, I don't have such high hopes. But in the long run, saving money is still saving money.

I hope to help people understand couponing, and gather information that I learn through personal experience to (hopefully) help and inspire others to save money through couponing. I would like to create an easy, go-to quick reference for people in the Seattle Area (and elsewhere) to learn how to coupon, where to look, find the best coupon match-ups in the area, and have special "Deal Alerts" when something awesome goes on sale/clearance. I've looked at many blog sites that feature deals at their local spots, but many aren't in my area, or my region is having different sales and the match-ups aren't the same. I would like to specifically target the PNW, and deals in this area.

I hope you continue to follow my blog & encourage you to post comments and scores of your own, if you find amazing deals and match-ups.

Happy Clipping!

2 comments: