Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Target: Round 2 for the $10 gift card with $50 food purchase

I went to Target tonight after work to take advantage of the $10 gift card with a $50 dollar grocery and beverage purchase. I did this yesterday, spent a bit less than $30, and got $25 back in gift cards. What better way to spend them is on more food. I did a similar transaction to meet the $50 threshold. My goal was to spend about $25. I had a great trip that I planned out last night, but my Target in Woodinville was out of stock on several of the higher ticket Kid Fresh Frozen Entrees and Oreo minis, so I had to think on my feet to devise a new plan. I spent 15 minutes aimlessly rolling through the aisles, looking for sales and trying to recall the thousands of coupons I might have in my stash to save 50% or more. It was a bit of a test, and a little stressful. I parked in an aisle, pen to paper, for about 10 minutes, calculating, adding, checking coupons, and double checking my list. Then I went and filled my cart!


My transaction breakdown was as follows:

4 Nutrigrain Fruit and Oat Bars $2.50 each
4 100ct Lipton Tea Bags 2 for $6.00, $3.00 each
2 Lipton 20 ct flavored Tea Bags, $2.19 each
2 Betty Crocker Cake Mixes $1.00 each
2 Betty Crocker Frostings 2 for $3.00, $1.50 each
4 Ortega Seasonings $0.69 each
2 Betty Crocker Instant Potato Pouches $1.12 each
1 Purevia 40ct Sweetener $1.79 each
2 Keeber Cornbread Crackers $3.19 each
1 Best Foods Mayonaise $3.50 each
1 Oreo Cookies $2.99 each
1 M&Ms $0.89 each

The total was $51.93 before store and manufacturer coupons. I used the following coupons in this order:

***The Nutrigrain bars were on promotion for a $5 gift card for every 4 purchased, so my purchase triggered $5 in Target gift cards ***

Target in-ad coupon for $10 GC with the purchase of $50 in grocery items, the cashier should then scan and hand you a $10 Target gift card

Then hand the cashier the remaining coupons, Target coupons first, then manufacturer coupons:
$1.00/1 Best Foods TQ x1
$0.50/2 Betty Crocker Froster TQ x1
$1/1 Purevia TQ x1
$0.50/1 Nabsico MQ x1
$1/1 Nutrigrain Fruit and Oat Bars MQ x4
$3/2 Lipton MQ x2
$1/1 Lipton MQ x2
$0.75/2 Betty Crocker Cake or Frosting MQ x2
$1/2 Betty Crocker Potatos MQ (peelie) x1
$1/1 Purevia MQ x1
$1/2 Ortega Products MQ x2
$0.50/1 Best Foods Mayo MQ x1

Then scan your cell phone for the Target Cartwheel for:
50% off Keeber Cornbread Crackers
10% off Betty Crocker

After coupons and discounts, my total was $27.48, and I used my gift cards from yesterday's transactions and got back $15 in gift cards, so the net cost was $12.48, or less than $0.47 for each item. And so begins my transaction plans for tomorrow. On the docket is Glade, slow cooker liners, chapstick, and more! Details to come tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment